It’s summer time, and what better way to celebrate the perfect weather than with a road trip to the beach or the mountains? Planning a road trip away from Manila is one of the ways to have a refreshing dose of R and R with the people you love the most, whether family, classmates, colleagues or friends. But before you step into the car or bus and take off to your next destination, make sure you keep the following tips in mind:
- Do your research. If you put in the right amount of effort to do some research on where you’ll be staying, determining the cost of basic necessities, transportation (whether or not you’re commuting by bus or taking a car) and other important factors to consider on a road trip. Luckily, most of the information you’ll need is available on the Internet, as many resorts have their own websites or are listed on hotel rating websites, so you can see what other people have to say about them.
- Always prepare a budget and stick to it. Having an idea of how much you intend to spend on your road trip will be able to help you greatly on your road trip by spending smarter. It also helps to bring a little extra just to cover emergency expenses on your road trip.
- Choose your traveling companions wisely. You’ll be spending a lot of time with these people on your road trip, and understanding how they are when they travel will be a big factor in determining the flow of your trip. It might be difficult to travel with someone who wants to do all the touristy things at a destination as opposed to someone who requires a lot of down time. When you figure out who is the best fit for you to travel with, you’ll definitely have more fun.
- Be open-minded. When you go on your road trip, be prepared to expect the unexpected. From pleasant experiences to sudden emergencies, be ready to meet new people and learn about the culture or to deal with a sudden stomach flu or other inconveniences like that. The more prepared you are, mentally and physically, the better off your road trip will be.
- Have fun. At the heart of it all, the most important part of having a simple and awesome road trip is to have fun. Keep an open mind and cast all your worries away because you are looking forward to having a great time wherever it is you’re going to go.
- Bring a reusable bottle with you. Stay well-hydrated by carrying a reusable water bottle like bobble™ (www.facebook.com/bobblePH). It’s eco-friendly and stylish, at the same time.